Fairbrother will take over the site this week, with demolition works expected to begin next week.
The construction phase includes:
• The redevelopment of the field of play oval, with improved surface, turf, irrigation, drainage, six turf wickets, goal posts, new interchange benches and boundary fencing.
• Provision of oval lighting to 200 lux lighting level, with infrastructure provided to enable upgrade to 300 lux lighting.
• Replacement of existing change room pavilion with new change rooms, social areas, office facilities and associated supporting areas for use during sporting games and community needs.
• Installation of terraced seating in front of new two-storey pavilion.
• Replacement of existing cricket practice nets with new four lane cricket net compound that can operate as a multipurpose facility.
• Redevelopment of the existing training field (old hockey pitch) with irrigation, surface drainage, and lighting improvement to 50 lux lighting level.
• Associated landscaping and external works.
The redevelopment is scheduled to be completed in May 2022.